If you like seafood these are for you. These seafood bites are easy to prepare and make the perfect holiday party appetizer.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 medium shallots finely chopped
- 6 oz of lobster meat (approximately 1.5lb lobster)
- 6 oz of crab meat
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp dill seed
- 2 Tbsp Capers finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh parmesan
- 1 block or 1 sheet of ready-made puff pastry
- Parchment paper
- Small scoop
- Baking sheet
- small round cookie cutter approx 2.5-3″
Set oven temperature to 375°
- Melt butter and add minced shallots, saute over medium heat for 2 minutes
- Add finely chopped lobster and crab meat, saute until combined.
- Add in salt, pepper, and dill seed
- Finely chop capers, add to saute pan
- Add flour, stir to combine
- Add cream, stir to combine and thicken.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Roll the thawed puff pastry on parchment paper thinly
- Cut out 30 rounds and place on cookie sheet
- Using a fork, score each round
- Place a 1 tbsp scoop of the lobster/crab mix on each puff pastry round.
- Sprinkle each bite with parmesan
- Place in oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!