My Cashew Cream Cheese Icing is easy to make. I love this recipe on carrot, pumpkin or apple muffins, cupcakes or cakes! If you loved cream cheese in the past you will love this version made with cashews. Smooth icing with a sweet buttery smooth cream cheese taste.
Cashew Cream Cheese Icing
Cashew CREAM CHEESE ICING RECIPE:
- 1/4 cup (2ounces) of Coconut Manna (melted) or unsalted vegan butter (softened)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Cashew cream cheese (softened) – 1 batch of recipe
- 2 -1/2 cups icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer beat cashew cream cheese and coconut manna until creamy and soft.
- Slowly add the sifted icing sugar 1/2 cup at a time and mix in until combined.
- Add the vanilla and mix until completely combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Here I am using cream cheese icing to fill pumpkin whoopie pies
- I swirl the icing on with a piping bag, but you can use a spoon to put a dollop.