I just want you to know how much I love this chia seed pudding. I have loved tapioca pudding since I was little. It gives me fond memories of visiting my Nan. Chia seed pudding has a texture and taste very similar to tapioca and it is very good for you.
Chia seeds pack a powerful nutritional punch. A few awesome things Chia seeds contain are protein, fibre, calcium, and Omega 3s. Here is the link to the video I made when I was making it one morning. Low tech.. But you get the point.
Almond Milk Chia Seed Pudding
- 2.5 cups of almond milk (nut milk or milk of your choosing)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp of vanilla or seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 2 Tbsp sweetener of your choosing. I used maple syrup.
- *Optional – pinch of sea salt
- Measure and pour the milk into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the chia seeds 1/4 cup at a time whisking as you do so.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until combined
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes as the chia seeds will begin plumping up. You will need to whisk/stir again as this prevents the chia seeds from settling and clumping on the bottom and the milk from rising to the top.
- Place into a covered container and set in the refrigerator overnight or for 6-8 hrs.
- Serve on its own or with chopped fresh fruit, nuts, and/or granola.
- If you want a sweeter pudding add more sweetener of your choosing set to your taste.