A twist a my Meringue cloud recipe for Easter. These are delicious on their own or they make a perfect topping to a Lemon Cream tart.
Ingredients and Directions:
- 2 cans of aquafaba reduce by 1/3
- 1 – 1/4 cup cane sugar plus 2 tbsp extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- Yellow food coloring
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (melted) and placed in piping bag with small tip
- Whisk aquafaba until frothy in a heat proof metal or glass bowl. (impeccably clean and free of any grease residue) if unsure clean with a wedge of lemon.
- You will need a stand mixer. Let whip for 10 minutes until stiff peeks start to form.
- Slowly add sugar. Once incorporated add the vanilla
- Place over the a saucepan with 2″ of simmering water and beat 4 minutes until warm, thickened and sugar is melted and combined.
- Remove from heat add the cream of tartar and whip with electric hand beater or stand mixer for 5-6 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Whip in the food coloring of your choice.
- Place the meringue into piping bag with the tip of choosing (I used a large round tip) Pipe onto a sheet of parchment leaving 1″ between each one.
- Sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake in a 220° oven for 1-1/2 hours until they are crisp and can be easily removed from the parchment paper.
- Let cool
- Pipe on chocolate eyes.
- Serve and Enjoy
These are best if the stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
One thought on “Aquafaba Peep Meringues – Egg Free”