These delicious veggie and cashew cream cheese wraps make a quick and easy appetizer. I received a version of this recipe from my good friend Crystal many years ago. Like most recipes, I changed it up a bit to make it plant based and depending on what vegetable combinations I have to use at the time or a taste I may be craving. Substitute your favorite veggie combinations to make this recipe your own. These travel well, and can be made in the morning, refrigerated until served in the afternoon or evening. The wraps can get too soft if made too far in advance. If you may prepare the cashew cream cheese mixture, cover and refrigerate overnight, then the next day spread the wraps with the mixture two to three hours before needed to give time for the mixture to chill for ease of slicing. I put jalapeño in the recipe however you may omit if you don’t like heat or spice.
- 5-6 med-large tortilla wraps
- 8 oz cashew cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayonnaise, vegenaise, or tofu mayo
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup thinly shredded carrot
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped red pepper
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped pineapple
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped celery
- 1.5 Tbsp finely minced red onion
- 2 tsp finely minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
3. Place a layer of baby spinach over the cream cheese mixture leaving some of the cream cheese mixture visible as it is needed to make the roll stay together as you roll it. This is the basic wrap and they are delicious just like this. However you may also take it up a notch by adding julienned vegetables like cucumber, sprouts, green pepper, lettuce and apple. Place a strip along the center of the roll as per images below. Slice and serve! The flavour combinations are endless.
Enjoy on their own or with a cup of chilled Avocado & Cucumber soup on the side.